Skip to content
Inclusive Global Governance
- Conflicts permeate human relations at every conceivable level:
- Greed, material and spiritual poverty are leading to the destruction of Nature;
- Fierce competition for scarce resources are causing distrust and conflict;
- Emphasis on individual gain overshadows our sense of community;
- Distrust between people and governments are preventing concerted efforts to come to grips with the pandemic;
- National self-interest undermines the globally unified approach, without which global problems remain unresolved.
- We are far behind schedule on meeting the 2030 deadline of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- This race to the bottom has caused us to overstep those planetary boundaries necessary for human survival.
- Ensure that all people’s basic needs are met through a sustainable global economy;
- Empower all to participate in deciding together which goods and services can be offered sustainably in the interest of all;
- Allow social cohesion to build, as each works for their interest and that of others at the same time.
- Ensure that all are empowered to participate on an equal footing;
- Help people everywhere to see doable steps they can take personally and as communities toward common solutions;
- Ensure that each person has support from professionals and a system they can trust;
- Ensure the system is transparent and can be easily checked by every participant;
- Feelings of good fellowship will increase as people see their individual self-interest aligned with that of the whole;
- this will encourage social and economic cohesiveness and an awareness of the advantages and need for sustainability including by living in harmony with Nature,
- as individuals and communities connect increasingly globally via the Internet and with development initiatives happening elsewhere in the world, international connections will develop based on mutual benefit,
- This will improve understanding and appreciation between people globally.
- To know that all are working for a sustainable natural environment that can possibly reverse the global threats to human well-being and survival.
- Communities throughout the world will suffer from less power struggles and gain ever greater diversity of skills.